As a SAP BC Consultant you will be responsible for the end-to-end analysis and implementation of SAP landscapes, for our customers and our internal demonstration system. This includes:
- Installation, migration, upgrades and setup of SAP system landscapes.
- Day-to-day SAP-BC support of existing landscapes.
- Monitoring and tuning of the servers, databases and interfaces.
- SAP transports, patch and plug-in installations.
- Implementation of Oss notes.
- Configuration (printer, user, RFC-connection, ...).
- DBA activities.
The main technical tasks involved are:
- Selection & Sizing of hardware.
- Installation of OS (Windows and/or Unix).
- Installation and customization of Virtualization Softwares.
- Installation of databases (SAP DB, MS SQL Server and/or Oracle, ...).
- Installation of SAP Systems (SAP SOLMAN, SAP ECC, SAP ERP, Portal, CRM, BI, ...).
- Optimization and technical maintenance of the various systems.
- Backup and Disaster Recovery Plan.
- Technical Upgrades.
- Planning of SAP Basis operations (monitoring, performance optimization, system and client copies, backups, OSS notes and Enhancement Packages implementation, ...).
- Planning of Databases operations.
In addition, you will be often asked to perform the following supporting tasks:
- Technical support for pre-sales activities.
- Analysis, Proposal, Planning and Implementation of solutions.
- Evaluation of potential suppliers, hardware and software applications.
- Coaching junior SAP BC consultants.
- Contact with the management and the customer's representatives.
- Building strong professional relationships with customers and colleagues.
- SAP BC experience in the tasks described above, with at least 4 years (for the "senior" position) or 2 years (for the "confirmed" position) proven hands-on experience on customer site.
- Knowledge of Operating Systems (Windows and/or Unix).
- Knowledge of databases (SAP DB plus MS SQL Server and/or Oracle,).
- Knowledge of SAP Enhancement Package Management.
- Knowledge of SAP Basis Administration.
- At least a Bachelor's degree in Computer Technology or Computer Science, or related fields.